Here are 10 more facts about us and our friendship!
- Where did you two meet? We met during a blogging conference that took place in Disney World. The most magical place!!
- First thing you noticed about one another? We both had the same sort of fashion sense. That immediately stuck out to both of us!
- Audrey & Vera’s faves:
Audrey: Bronzer – I use it EVERY single day of my life!
Vera: Starbuck’s Tea
- My first job was:
Audrey: Working at DKNY for Donna Karen
Vera: Business consultant for Ernst & Young
- What our husband’s said when we started our blog ?
Vera: “What’s a blog?!” Bill had no clue what I was doing. Back in 2005, it wasn’t a very common occupation.
Audrey: “Go for it!” Matt was my biggest advocate.
- Our jobs as kids:
Vera: I started out as a dollar store cashier. I was a senior in High School and I thought I was the coolest thing ever!
Audrey: Lifeguard every summer from the time I was 16 thru 20.
- Favorite food/addictions:
Vera: Oh man. Chinese food, pizza, unsweetened tea. I will never say no to a chocolate chip cookie for dessert.
Audrey: Tacos, Cheeseburgers, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
Vera: What’s that?
Audrey: It fuels me! I try to workout 4 times a week for about 30 minutes. It’s my ZEN.
- We BOTH met our husbands in COLLEGE!
Vera: We both pledged a business fraternity. So dorky, right? But I’m so glad I did it because I met the man who changed everything.
Audrey: It seems cliche, but we literally locked eyes and smiled at each other. I always tell my kids, it was like the universe said, “It’s time for these two to finally meet!” It was that seamless and that easy… love at “first” sight!
- ALWAYS REMEMBER: We are living proof that you don’t have to settle for a typical 9 to 5. If you have passion and hustle, you can do anything. It’s all about the drive — and if you believe in something and work hard enough… it can come true!