When we kicked off 2017, we said our word was going to be HUSTLE.
We wanted to build Permission to HUSTLE.
We wanted to continue to HUSTLE on our own blogs.
We wanted to HUSTLE with each other and keep growing our Audrey & Vera content.
And personally… we’re just always HUSTLING.
The word HUSTLE just seemed extremely appropriate for 2017.
Now that 2018 is upon us, we have a new word… check out what it is here!
BUT!! If you haven’t chosen your 2018 word yet, start NOW!!
What’s great about having a WORD is that you have a direction for the course of your year. You have a WORD to keep you motivated and inspired and moving forward. You have a WORD to think about and dream about and create goals around. It really is a powerful thing when you zone in on your WORD and embrace it with arms wide open!
So how do you pick a 2018 WORD?
Here are 5 tips:
1) Think about your overall goals for the year. Do you want to start a business? Do you want to grow your current business? Do you want to switch jobs? Do you want to write that book? Do you want to go after that promotion? Think about how you truly want this year to go for you goal wise… think BIG! Think about what it is that you want and start thinking of words that embody that GOAL. Is it Grow? Move? Build?
2) Starting writing down words that inspire you and motivate you. One thing I personally love to do is jot down lists of words that have special meanings to me and really capture who I am. This helps, too! I would write words down like: swim, relax, family, friendship, dream, life, happy… and start seeing what words really made me smile.
3) Ask someone who knows you well (or many people) to think of a word that would work for YOU. It’s always good and fresh to get different perspectives. Ask around! Someone may give you a gem that you hadn’t thought of yet and it works PERFECT!
4) You can always repeat WORDS from year to year. For example, this year the word HUSTLE may be a little different for us in meaning. We already started to build Permission to Hustle, so it wouldn’t be that for us… it would be something else. Don’t be afraid to just refurbish a word you’ve chosen in the past and make it work for you again, just in a different way.
5) Whatever word you ultimately choose… love it and embrace it. You want to smile every single time you see it. You want to hang it up and remind yourself every single day why you chose that specific word. Be proud of your word and make it work for you. Are you FEARLESS this year? Are you excited for GROWTH? Are you a GIRLBOSS this year? LOVE what you are and be excited to make your dreams happen this year!